Green Compass Product Review | Organic CBD There seems to be no shortage of CBD related products and companies getting into the market these days. Lets face it, interest in CBD has skyrocketed. Green Compass Review: CBD oils & autoship Two corporate addresses are provided on Green Compass’ website; one in North Carolina in the US and one in London, UK. The US address belongs to a UPS
Green Compass Product Review | Organic CBD
There seems to be no shortage of CBD related products and companies getting into the market these days. Lets face it, interest in CBD has skyrocketed. Its with good reason since there are countless people who are really finding it helpful.
There are so many companies in the market it can be difficult to navigate. Key thing to remember is that not all CBD is created equal . You will find some that really create quality products and it really does start with the source of raw materials (i.e Hemp).
You find others that skip those steps and create cheaper products that lack the quality. They come from materials outside of the United States that use questionable practices. These could lead to potential toxins in your CBD.
However, today I am going to review and discuss Green Compass (Green Compass Global) and some of their products. Is there anything that makes them different? What about the quality of their CBD products? Should you consider purchasing a Green Compass CBD Product?
The Quick Background On Green Compass Global
Green Compass is a CBD company that is based out of Southeastern North Carolina (United States). The company is founded by Sterling and Meredith Cook. This really interesting aspect about Green Compass is that the founders are farmers.
Yup, you heard that right. I said farmers. This is where things really get neat and become a breath of fresh air. The goal of the company was to be able to create the highest quality CBD and control the process completely from their family farms to the final product.
That is absolutely fascinating. The Green Compass farmers have over 6 generations of farming experience and grow and cultivate their proprietary hemp on their farms and integrate it completely to the final seal on the product. This allows them to have greater control of the CBD and product quality.
Other companies mainly purchased it from outside farms. Now to be clear there is nothing wrong with that. However, the problem can be that some may bring in cheaper hemp from overseas countries that use questionable farming practices. Its very important to know the source of hemp otherwise you can risk potential toxins making its way back into your CBD product.
Green Compass simply controls this entire process from the beginning with the soil on their farms. The Hemp is grown organically on their farm and is USDA Organically Certified. The source of hemp is absolutely essential to the quality of the CBD and final product.
Types Of Products Offered By Green Compass
Green Compass does have a number of products available which do include the brick and mortar tinctures (extracts) and topicals. Just recently they have expanded to more skin care options. Check out the Skin Care Section further below.
CBD Extracts and Tinctures
Green Compass offers CBD Tinctures (Extracts) in a few different flavors and concentrations. They also offer both Full Spectrum and CBD Isolate (THC Free). The Extracts are created utilizing organically derived CBD from their USDA Organically Certified Farms. The CBD is also extracted utilizing CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) extraction which is the optimal and cleanest extraction method.
Strength levels begin at 500 mg but up to 2500 mg is available depending on your specific needs. Flavor varieties include, natural, mint, cinnamon and citrus. Sometimes all flavors may not always be available for each strength or product (Isolate or Full Spectrum). You will have to check the site for availability.
There are new editions to the tinctures product line. Now Broad Spectrum CBD is available. Broad Spectrum differs from a Full Spectrum where it contains other natural cannabinoids (along with CBD – cannabidiol) but without THC. In short CBD Isolates contain only CBD (no THC), Full Spectrums contain other natural cannabinoids (including low levels of THC, which is 0.3% or less). Broad Spectrums can be a happy medium for those who would like to see the positive effects from other natural cannabinoids in additional to CBD but without the THC.
Green Compass also recently introduced CBDA Isolate (Cannabidiolic Acid) to its product line (January 2022). This product contains no THC and includes a number of helpful health and wellness benefits.
CBD Topicals, Lotions and Creams
Green Compass also has topical creams and lotions. They include topical soothing creams, pain relief creams, pain patches, hand and foot creams. These all contain CBD from their USDA Certified Organic Farms.
Topical Soothing Creams: These are general creams that also utilize CBD (150 mg) as one of the key ingredients. The creams can help with general skin care as well as muscle and joint pain.
Reduce Pain Relief Creams: These are formulated utilizing a proprietary blend of CBD (300 mg) and menthol (& other ingredients) to assist with pain relief associated with joint inflammation and physical activity. This cream contains both higher levels of CBD and other active ingredients for greater pain relief vs the topical soothing creams.
These high quality organic edibles utilize a proprietary formula to improve the bioavailability of an edible CBD product. In one of my previous posts I have shared some insight on how edibles can potentially lead to a lack of optimal absorption of CBD in the body. However, Green Compass’ formula improves the bioavailability of CBD in a water soluble state by 10X. This can prove to be an excellent product for those who wish to use a more traditional method (oral) versus the sublingual tincture.
Remember this product is also USDA Certified Organic and they have been extremely popular since their rollout!
Pet CBD Tinctures
Well we can’t leave out our furry friends out from the relief of CBD. Yes, CBD can be potentially beneficial for your dogs too. Currently there are two varieties available which include 250 mg and 500 mg. There is a natural flavor but also a bacon flavor available. Now why isn’t bacon flavor available for people?
Skin Care Products
Green Compass also has a number of skin care products. These high quality products will also utilize the organic CBD in skin care products. The skincare market is a huge industry sector. It would make sense for CBD skincare products to fit in with the current growing sector. These items utilize the same quality CBD to develop products focused for skincare. They include moisturizers, peptide cream and exfoliation pads. Items can even be purchased in bundles.
Powerful Combinations Of Both Essential Oil and CBD Oil
Now there are products that can utilize the power of essential oil in conjunction with CBD oil. Products Such as the Ice Blend infuse a powerful combination of essential oils and CBD to help sooth those joints and muscle aches.
Hydrate And Energize Powders
Hydrate and Energize Powders are now here. They are packed with high quality ingredients to help you naturally replenish your electrolytes and boost your energy. These products make a perfect additional to you CBD routine.
Quality Control of Green Compass CBD Oil
Green Compass also always tests their products utilizing independent 3rd party lab testing. Any high quality CBD manufacturer should always utilize independent 3rd party lab testing. If you want to see the test for the batch of your product specifically there is something really easy you can do. Just scan the code on the bottom of your product to review the batch lab report. Pretty cool, right?
Pricing of Green Compass CBD Products
The pricing is fair and right in line with the industry. Green Compass does have preferred customer discounts that will save you an extra 20%!
There are products that may be cheaper but always be cautious of overly cheap products. You ultimately get what you pay for. Buying Organic is going to cost more but its important in order to remove the possibility of outside toxins making it back to your CBD Products.
Using the CO2 extraction method (as Green Compass does) is more expensive but it drastically improves the quality of the CBD. There are cheaper extraction options such as using petroleum based extraction methods and even cheaper imported hemp. These may lead to a cheaper product but less quality and effectiveness.
You will always be the one responsible for deciding what is best for you. However, the folks at Green Compass will simply not cut any corners to produce an inferior product. That is important and for those who want the safest, and best quality CBD available either for yourself or loved ones, that is an absolute must.
Overall Review of Green Compass CBD Products
While writing this review its important that I be as unbiased as possible. However, there are Pros and Cons to everything. So here are some to consider.
Pros of Green Compass Products
- Green Compass Owns and operates its own farms and controls products completely from the seed to the seal on the product
- Green Compass Hemp Farms are USDA Organically Certified
- Strong Focus On Product Quality & Safety (all products are tested with independent labs)
- Sold Online & Personalized Through Independent Distributors (I have this as a Pro & Con as it depends on your opinion)
- 100 % Legal In All US States
- Fully Compliant With All US Based Laws Utilizing Legal Experts In The Field
Cons of Green Compass Products
- Product Lines Not As Broad As Others
- Sold Online & Personalized Through Independent Distributors (I have this as a Pro & Con as it depends on your opinion)
- Not The Cheapest (I wouldn’t purchase a cheap CBD oil but that is your call)
- Products Currently Available In US Only
An additional note on the product lines. Its true that they have expanded and will continue to expand on products, however no products will be listed unless they are fully compliant. Some other CBD companies may push the threshold on trendy and gimmicky products (I am skeptical of those and you won’t really find them here).
Additionally, there are no edible products sold. There are still some legal grey areas with CBD edibles of food products. Additionally, there are some Pros and Cons to CBD food and edibles.
Green Compass Review: CBD oils & autoship
Two corporate addresses are provided on Green Compass’ website; one in North Carolina in the US and one in London, UK.
The US address belongs to a UPS store. The UK address belongs to shared office spare provider WeWork.
Heading up Green Compass are co-founders R. Sterling Cook, Jr. (CEO) and Meredith Cook (President).
According to his Green Compass corporate bio, Cook, Jr. has a background in agriculture and finance. His wife Meredith has a background in anesthesiology.
As far as I can tell, Green Compass is the first MLM venture for both Cooks.
As per a January 2020 interview with Direct Selling News, Meredith Cook began taking CBD oil after her first pregnancy.
“I found that the majority of CBD was from hemp grown in China, even though it’s ultimately manufactured in the U.S.,” she explains. “I realized that not all hemp is created equal.”
“Our friends were growing hemp through the program and had a tiny extraction machine,” she recounts.
“They’d already tested their plants and found it was some of the cleanest hemp they’d seen, so I asked them to make some for us.
This one made me feel completely like myself again. I felt comfortable giving it to my kids and could tell a difference with them.”
Meredith and her husband Sterling Cook saw the potential of CBD and knew that their newfound passion combined with Sterling’s background in agriculture could lead to something big.
They partnered with Adam and George Wooten to explore the possibility of growing hemp and manufacturing CBD products, giving birth to a new company—Green Compass Global.
The Cooks are based out of North Carolina. UPS addresses aside, this appears to be where Green Compass is operated from.
Read on for a full review of Green Compass’ MLM opportunity.
Green Compass’ Products
Green Compass markets a CBD oil supplement they call “CBD Hemp Extract Full Spectrum”.
Every step we take is focused on producing the highest quality end product for our customers.
That starts with our USDA Organic hemp fields and organic farming practices. That same focus is kept through extraction, formulation and all the way to bottling.
Green Compass’ CBD oil is available in 500 mg, 750 mg, 1000 mg and 2500 mg varieties.
- 500 mg (natural, mint, cinnamon) retails at $84.95 for a 1 fl. oz. bottle (30 ml)
- 500 mg (no THC, citrus), retails at $84.95 for a 1 fl. oz. bottle (30 ml)
- 750 mg (natural, mint) retails at $109.95 for a 1 fl. oz. bottle (30 ml)
- 750 mg (no THC, citrus), retails at $109.95 for a 1 fl. oz. bottle (30 ml)
- 1000 mg (natural, mint) retails at $139.95 for a 1 fl. oz. bottle (30 ml)
- 2500 mg (mint) retails at $329.95 for a 1 fl. oz. bottle (30 ml)
In addition to CBD oil, Green Compass also offers other CBD infused blends.
- Reduce – 300 mg CBD topical pain cream, retails at $99.95 for a 1.7 fl. oz. bottle (50 ml)
- Ice Blend – “specifically formulated to soothe joints and muscles”, retails at $29.95 for a .338 fl. oz bottle (10 ml)
- Women’s Monthly Blend – “custom formulated to use for women during their menstrual cycle”, retails at $29.95 for a .338 fl. oz. bottle (10 ml)
- Calm Blend – a “proprietary blend of CBD and essential oils” that “support(s) the body to relaxation and unwind high emotions”, retails at $29.95 for a .338 fl. oz. bottle (10 ml)
- Crown Blend – “for a cooling sensation when tension is high”, retails at $29.95 for a .338 fl. oz. bottle (10 ml)
- Focus Blend – “specially formulated to support brain function and mental clarity”, retails at $29.95 for a .338 fl. oz. bottle (10 ml)
- Shine Uplift Blend – a “proprietary blend of CBD infused with essential oils to uplift and energize you when you have feelings of sadness or lack of energy”, retails at $29.95 for a .338 fl. oz. bottle (10 ml)
- Pet Tincture – “support for healthy hips and joints (and) helps animals maintain a sense of calm”, retails at $49.95 for 250 mg (natural) or $84.95 for 500 mg (bacon), both 1 fl. oz. (30 ml) bottles
The rest of Green Compass’ range is rounded out with nutritional supplements and personal care.
- Boost – terpene and essential oil immune system supplement, retails at $24.95 for a 0.5 fl. oz. bottle (15 ml)
- Hand Sanitizer – contains 100 mg CBD hemp extract, retails at $22.95 for a 2 fl. oz. bottle (60 ml)
- Calming Milk Cleanser – “cleanses the skin and dissolves make up easily”, retails at $49.95 for a 4 fl. oz bottle (120 ml)
- B+B Peel Pads – “balance and brighten your skin with these gentle exfoliating pads”, retails at $44.95 for 25 pads
- Advanced Peptide Cream – “your go-to daily gift to your skin”, retails at $69.95 for a 1 fl. oz. bottle (30 ml)
- Peppermint Hand & Foot Hydration Set – “leaves the skin hydrated and smooth”, retails at $39.95 for a 2 oz. (60 ml) tube of cream and 4 oz. tub of scrub
- Reduce Topical Pain Patch – “20mg full-spectrum CBD patch for intermittent joint and muscle pain relief associated with physical activity”, retails at $14.95 a patch or $39.95 for three patches
- Peppermint Lip Balm – “peppermint essential oil provides
healing hydration to chapped lips”, retails at $34.95 for a three pack
- 150 mg Soothe Topical Cream – “support for the relief of muscle and joint pain and inflammation associated with physical activity”, retails at $54.95 for a 1.7 fl. oz. bottle (50 ml)
- Soaks Essential Bath Bomb Rest – “a calming and peaceful scent infused with lavender essential oil”, retails at $19.95 for a box of two
- Soaks Essential Bath Bomb Relax – “a minty and fresh scent infused with eucalyptus and peppermint essential oils”, retails at $19.95 for a box of two
- Soaks Essential Bath Bomb Refresh – “a sweet and earthy scent infused with Orange and Frankincense essential oils”, retails at $19.95 for a box of two
Various branded Green Compass apparel is also available.
Green Compass’ Compensation Plan
Green Compass’ compensation plan pays retail commissions with a volume-based bonus.
Residual commissions and a generation bonus are paid through a unilevel team.
Additional performance-based bonuses are also available.
MLM Commission Qualification
To qualify for MLM commissions, each Green Compass affiliate must either
- generate 150 PV a month in sales volume; or
- maintain a 100 PV a month autoship order.
PV stands for “Personal Volume” and is sales volume generated by sales to retail customers or an affiliate’s own purchases.
Green Compass Affiliate Ranks
There are eight affiliate ranks within Green Compass’ compensation plan.
Along with their respective initial qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Independent Advocate – sign up as a Green Compass affiliate and meet MLM commission qualification requirements
- Team Leader – maintain MLM commission qualification requirements and recruit and maintain three MLM commission qualified affiliates
- Senior Team Leader – maintain MLM commission qualification, recruit and maintain four MLM commission qualified affiliates (one Team Leader) and generate $5000 GV in a month
- Director – maintain MLM commission qualification, recruit and maintain five MLM commission qualified affiliates (two Senior Team Leaders) and generate $15,000 GV in a month
- Master Director – maintain MLM commission qualification, personally recruit a Director and generate 40,000 GV in a month (no more than 40% from one unilevel leg)
- 1 Star Master Director – maintain MLM commission qualification, personally recruit a Master Director and generate 100,000 GV in a month (no more than 40% from one unilevel leg)
- 2 Star Master Director – maintain MLM commission qualification, personally recruit two Master Directors and generate 250,000 GV in a month (no more than 40% from one unilevel leg)
- 3 Star Master Director – maintain MLM commission qualification, personally recruit three Master Directors and generate 500,000 GV in a month (no more than 40% from one unilevel leg)
Once qualified, ongoing monthly rank qualification criteria is as follows:
- Independent Associate – continue to meet MLM commission qualified criteria
- Team Leader – continue to meet MLM commission qualified criteria, maintain three personally recruited affiliates (MLM commission qualified) or generate 1500 GV a month
- Senior Team Leader – continue to meet MLM commission qualified criteria and generate 4000 GV a month (no more than 60% GV from one unilevel leg)
- Director – continue to meet MLM commission qualified criteria and generate 12,000 GV a month (no more than 60% from one unilevel leg)
- Master Director – continue to meet MLM commission qualified criteria and generate 32,000 GV a month (no more than 40% from one unilevel leg)
- 1 Star Master Director – continue to meet MLM commission qualified criteria and generate 80,000 GV a month (no more than 40% from one unilevel leg)
- 2 Star Master Director – continue to meet MLM commission qualified criteria and generate 200,000 GV a month (no more than 40% from one unilevel leg)
- 3 Star Master Director – continue to meet MLM commission qualified criteria and generate 400,000 GV a month (no more than 40% from one unilevel leg)
GV stands for “Group Volume” and is sales volume generated by an affiliate and their downline.
Green Compass affiliates earn a base 20% commission on product sales to retail customers.
This base commission rate can be increased to 30% if the following monthly volume requirements are met:
- generate $500 to $999 in monthly retail volume and receive a 25% retail commission rate
- generate $1000 or more in monthly retail volume and receive a 30% retail commission rate
There is no base retail commission for preferred customers (retail customers on autoship), however through the above volume requirements up to 10% can be earned on preferred customer orders.
- generate $500 to $999 in monthly retail volume and receive a 5% preferred customer commission rate
- generate $1000 or more in monthly retail volume and receive a 10% preferred customer commission rate
Green Compass affiliates earn a $90 commission on recruitment of a Core Start Success Pack affiliate.
Green Compass pays residual commissions via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
Green Compass caps payable unilevel team levels at five.
Residual commissions are paid out as a percentage of sales volume generated across these five levels as follows:
- Independent Advocates earn 4% on level 1 (personally recruited affiliates and level 2
- Team Leaders earn 4% on levels 1 to 3
- Senior Team Leaders earn 4% on levels 1 to 4
- Directors earn 4% on levels 1 to 5
The Enroller Bonus is a bonus percentage paid on sales volume generated on the first two unilevel team levels.
- Independent Advocates earn a 6% Enroller Bonus on level 1
- Team Leaders and higher earn a 6% Enroller Bonus on levels 1 and 2
Check Match Bonus
Master Director and higher ranked Green Compass affiliates qualify for the Check Match Bonus.
The Check Match Bonus is paid out as a percentage of earnings by personally recruited affiliates, based on rank:
- Master Directors earn a 5% Check Match Bonus
- 1 Star Master Directors earn a 10% Check Match Bonus
- 2 Star Master Directors earn a 15% Check Match Bonus
- 3 Star Master Directors earn a 20% Check Match Bonus
Master Personal Group Bonus
The Master Personal Group Bonus is a single generation bonus paid on sales volume generated in each unilevel team leg.
Green Compass defines a generation within a unilevel team leg when a Master Director or higher ranked affiliate is found in a unilevel leg.
This ranked affiliate caps off the first generation for that leg.
The Master Personal Group Bonus pays 2% to 3% on sales volume generated across the first generation of each unilevel team leg based on rank:
- Master Directors earn a 2% Master Personal Group Bonus
- 1 Star Master Directors and higher earn a 3% Master Personal Group bonus
The Generation Bonus builds on the Master Personal Group Bonus, paying Green Compass affiliates on up to four generations per unilevel team leg.
As with the Master Personal Group Bonus, a generation within a unilevel team leg is defined when a Master Director or higher ranked affiliate is found in a leg.
This ranked affiliate caps off the first generation for that leg, with the second beginning immediately after.
If a second Master Director or higher ranked affiliate exists deeper in the leg, they cap off the second generation for that leg.
If no such ranked affiliate exists, the second generation extends down the full depth of the leg.
Using this generational structure, Green Compass affiliates can qualify for a bonus on up to four generations per unilevel leg:
- Master Directors earn 3% on the first generation of a leg
- 1 Star Master Directors earn 3% on up to two generations
- 2 Star Master Directors earn 3% on up to three generations
- 3 Star Master Directors earn 3% on up to four generations
Joining Green Compass
Green Compass affiliate membership costs $49.95.
An optional Core Start Success Pack for $299.95 is also available (contains over $600 retail worth of Green Compass products).
Rather than just third-party CBD oil from somewhere, slap together a quick website and call it a day, Green Compass offers an expanded CBD themed product range.
That said the CBD MLM niche is crowded, not withstanding CBD oil and CBD products in general being a highly a competitive niche.
Be it sourced from China, the US or elsewhere, there are plenty of options in this space so shop around and check pricing accordingly.
One product that caught my eye was Green Compass’ 2500 mg CBD oil. Typically we don’t see such a high concentration by MLM companies.
I’ve reviewed more than a few CBD MLM opportunities now and don’t recall seeing that before.
Out of curiosity I punched 2500 mg into Google and found Industrial Hemp Farms, based out of Colorado, selling “Full-Spectrum CBD Oil 2500 mg” for $24.99. That’s for a same-sized 30 ml bottle too.
Green Compass’ equivalent sells for $329.95.
If that’s reflective of the rest of Green Compass’ pricing, competing retail is going to be a problem.
On that note, I found it suspicious that Green Compass reduces monthly PV by 33% if an affiliate is on autoship.
Maintain at least $150 Personal QV (PQV) in a month or, at your option, subscribe to a personal auto-ship order of $100 PQV each month.
This effectively incentivizes self-funded commission qualification. In MLM this typically comes at the cost of retail sales, which might tie into Green Compass’ pricing.
The good news is this makes it easy to ascertain how your potential upline is running their Green Compass business.
What you want to find out is firstly whether they’re commission qualifying by autoship or retail sales.
If it’s the former you want to see at least a near equivalent in retail sales taking place.
If there aren’t any retail sales or it’s a pretty wide gap between their own order and retail volume, that affiliate is running their Green Compass business as a pyramid scheme.
You’ll sign up, be put on autoship and then be expected to recruit other affiliates who do the same.
Green Compass could put a stop to this with monthly retail volume requirements, but haven’t. And as long as affiliate autoship is incentivized over retail sales, I doubt it’ll happen either.
The combination of grossly overpriced products and a compensation plan lending itself to affiliate autoship recruitment isn’t a desirable combination.